Autism spectrum disorder
Autism spectrum disorder is a condition related to brain development that impacts how a person perceives and socializes with others, causing problems in social interaction and communication. The disorder also includes limited and repetitive patterns of behavior. Autism spectrum disorder includes conditions that were previously considered separate — autism, Asperger’s syndrome, childhood disintegrative disorder and an unspecified form of pervasive developmental disorder
Often children show symptoms of autism within the first year. A small number of children appear to develop normally in the first year, and then go through a period of regression between 18 and 24 months of age when they develop autism symptoms.
· Reduced eye contact
· Lack of response to their name or indifference to caregivers
· difficulty expressing their feeling or emotions.
· Difficulty learning
· Some have signs of lower than normal intelligence. Other children with the disorder have normal to high intelligence —
· They learn quickly, yet have trouble communicating and applying what they know in everyday life and adjusting to social situations.
There’s no way to prevent autism spectrum disorder, but there are treatment options. Early diagnosis and intervention is most helpful and can improve behavior, skills and language development. However, intervention is helpful at any age. Though children usually don’t autism spectrum disorder symptoms, they may learn to function well.
Services offered by the center for children with (ASD):
Sound heart Counseling center provides diagnosis, assessment, treatment options, and supporting services for both children and teenagers with (ASD).
Ask us for help
If you have a child with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or if you think your child might have ASD, then, Sound Heart Counseling center is here to help. We partner with families:
* To diagnose ASD as early as possible
* To provide the best integrated care for children at every age
* To support the best possible quality of life for children with ASD and their families
* To help children with ASD reach their full potential
* To create new models of coordinated, autism-friendly clinical care and training
* To develop earlier and more accurate diagnostic tools
* To discover the causes of ASD and find new treatments through one of the most progressive autism centers in the region.
We provide comprehensive, family-centered diagnostic and care services for children with autism spectrum disorder, together with strong family support. our trained specialists have extensive experience with autism to insure the patient gets best treatment possible in a fun and easy way.
Depending on your child’s needs, we can coordinate visits with counselors. please feel free to contact us at SoundHeart Counseling for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. You can also book an appointment immediately by clicking on the following link.