Depression is a serious mental health condition that requires understanding and medical care. Left untreated, depression can be devastating for those who have it and their families. Fortunately, with early detection, diagnosis and a treatment plan consisting of medication, psychotherapy and healthy lifestyle choices, many people can and do get better.
· Changes in sleep
· Changes in appetite
· Lack of concentration
· Loss of energy
· Lack of interest in activities
· Hopelessness or guilty thoughts
· Changes in movement (less activity or agitation)
· Physical aches and pains
· Suicidal thoughts
Although depressive disorder can be a devastating illness, it often responds to treatment. The key is to get a specific evaluation and treatment plan. A patient-centered treatment plans can include any or a combination of the following:
· Psychotherapy including cognitive behavioral therapy, family-focused therapy and interpersonal therapy.
· Medications including antidepressants, mood stabilizers and antipsychotic medications.
· Exercise can help with prevention and mild-to-moderate symptoms.
· Brain stimulation therapies can be tried if psychotherapy and/or medication are not effective. These include electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) for depressive disorder with psychosis or repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (RTMS) for severe depression.
· Light therapy, which uses a light box to expose a person to full spectrum light in an effort to regulate the hormone melatonin.
· Alternative approaches including acupuncture, meditation, faith and nutrition can be part of a comprehensive treatment plan, but do not have strong scientific backing.
Our specialist team is equipped deal with your problems in an honest environment to help you face your reality in a better way. Our treatments are designed to improve the quality of life for our patients and illuminate them in a group or family therapy to create a safe place. We are a non-judgmental support driven organization. We have experienced professionals to insure you get the best treatment possible and encourage you to live your best life.
Sound heart counseling believes in confidentiality. Talks with your therapists are secrets.
Ask us for help
If you or someone you know is infected with this disease or has some symptoms, please feel free to contact us at SoundHeart Counseling for the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. You can also book an appointment immediately by clicking on the following link.